Monday, August 23, 2010

From your team!

Your Grace is enough
LifeKIDS Worship
Every move I make
All because of Jesus
I am Free

We had such a good time yesterday with the LifeKIDS leading us in worship. The picked out the songs and sang away! So we are going to have different people from the worship team add to the worship blog. This week is Ben Walker (Drummer)!

Hey,
I'm Ben. I play drums and do other cool stuff too that you don't know about yet. It was way cool to observe all the kids worshiping God this morning. Opportunity leads to growth if we take that opportunity. And I know that they will grow from such an opportunity to stand before a bunch of people and sing to God. Some realize they don't like to be in front of a crowd. Others eat it up. But what matters is that they know who they are singing to and for (God). Kids are often told "sing good and sing loud so your mommy's and daddy's can hear you". I believe that God wants to hear us sing too. Not just worship in the form playing music and singing on stage...but worship in ANY form that brings glory to Him. He has done so much in my life, that I can't help but want to give Him the credit and props for everything. I try to do that through my attitude, my jobs, my relationships...and so on. Unfortunately I don't always, but I do strive to. I pray my actions and my life "sings good and loud" to my God, because He deserves my best.

Matthew 18: 1-4
1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

I'm curious to see what kind of kid you were. Think back to a time you were on stage singing or performing a horrible kindergarten play. Were you loud and proud? Or were you holding back tears looking for the closest exit? I DO want to know.
Thanks for reading
Your bud in the glass box
-Ben

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben,

    I was the kid on stage looking for the closest exit door, just as my son was doing Sunday! However, he did stay on stage and actually said it wasn't too bad :)

    He loves the drums, and says he would like to play one day :)

    It sure would be nice to actually see you back there. As it is, you are completely blocked from view!

    Thanks for the great music!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete