Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The DAD FACTOR( For Better or worse)

I am Free
Love Came Down Brian Johnson
Yahweh Hillsong
God of Second Chances Carlos Whittaker


Fathers day was sooo cool. To see those dads play minute to win it was pretty stinking funny. If you weren't there then you definitely missed it.
I wanted to share something that really struck me about Fathers day. I was with my Grandparents and we were talking about Fathers day and my Grandmother began to cry about her Dad. Not Just a tear but really cry. Not to give away her age but she was 11 when we passed away and that was 76 years ago. Let me say that again, 76 years ago and she is still effected by it. Dads, do you realize how much of an impact you make on your children. Our Fathers made an impression on us whether good or bad we know they did. If you were raised by Godly Father who helped form you and make you into the man you are today continue that legacy with your children. Maybe your father wasn't there or when he was it was bad. Learn from his mistakes. You know what not to do because of what he did. We cant blame our problems on our parents but the hurts or greatest moments will effect you forever. What legacy are you leaving with your children. The I come home and sit on the couch till bedtime and don't have time for you kind of dad. Maybe the lets go play out side, let me read you bed time stories and kiss your boo boos kind of dad. You remember what it was like growing up so our children will too! Lets be the Fathers our children need. Forget what your dad did or didn't do and be the DAD YOUR KIDS NEED. If you don't know what they need start by spending some time with them and go from there. We want to stand in front of our heavenly Father and hear well done my good and faithful servant but I want to hear my children say well done Dad, you shaped me into the man or woman I am today, because of you I am a better person. Whats it gonna be Dads? BE IT!
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment